Social Responsibility and Good Governance
Social responsibility and good governance are
integral parts of Seagate Global’s business philosophy. We focus on people first and the
environment. Prosperity follows.
business is a means to make the world a better place, not the end goal. Thus we focus our investment acumen on
sectors that will improve people’s lives, such as improving the financial
system, community development, food production, job creation or affordable
housing. We also invest in sectors that
will help improve the environment, such as solar power, wind power and other
forms of alternative energy. For Seagate, the 21st Century is about helping people
and improving the planet, which in turns helps to create a more rich and deep
prosperity which includes not just material items, but other metrics of
Our actions speak louder than words:
- Principal in designing and funding the POGE Corporative in the Philippines which has become an international movement with 150,000 member families.
- Designed and are helping to implement a
POGE Bougainville , a comprehensive development program for the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Papua
New Guinea, at no cost to the country.
- Retained Dr. Jesus Estanislao as Seagate’s
Governance Advisor. He is the former
Minister of Finance of the Philippines and the founder of the Institute for Corporate Directors, and Institute for Solidarity in Asia.
- Trained and employed hundreds of indigenous people
in the Philippines to help clean up the environment while producing “green”
iron ore, while paying them a living wage 3 times above local standards.
- Investor and Financial Advisor to The Southeast Asia Food and Commodity Exghange which is designed to reduce hunger
and poverty in the Philippines and
Southeast Asia by advancing environmentally friendly state-of-the-art agricultural
techniques and encouraging entrepreneurship and ownership.
- Seagate paid to build a road in rural Yunnan Province
to improve the quality of life and increase economic opportunities for those
living in remote villages.
- Early backer of clean energy, investing in Goldwind Science and Technology 2004 which we helped bring public in 2007
on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. Goldwind is now the 2nd largest wind
turbine manufacturer in the world.
- Financial Advisor to Trina Solar to finance
solar projects in SE Asia.
- Financial Consultant to the Malaysia's Sustainable Energy Development Authority in
the design of Malaysia’s feed-in-tariff program.
- Economic Advisor to the Province of Zambales,
Philippines where Seagate has designed and is implementing comprehensive
community development. POGE Zambales Video
- Working to improve communication and relations
between Muslim and non-Muslim countries through trade and education.
- Partner with Tsinghua University in executive
education to promote investment and finance expertise for government and
- Founder and manager of the Seagate Global Bumiputera Trade Support Program in Malaysia to provide needed financing and technical support to small
and medium size enterprises for construction materials and other items.